Friday, January 18, 2008

Yummy Home: Kate Spade for Kids

So usually I'm not that interested in designer stuff, I always figure you can find the cute knock offs at places like Target, but I am always interested when I see famous designers team up with popular stores, i.e. Issac Mizrahi & Target, Vera Wang & Kohls, Sarah Jessica Parker & Steve & Barrys, Martha Stewart & KMart, you get the picture. Today I got an email from Bed Bath and Beyond promoting Kate Spade and her line of fine dinnerware sold only at BB&B. So naturally, I had to take a gander. Kate Spade is known for her clean, classic designs, and so it was with many of her designer dish sets. They were very cute, but what caught my eye was the set of dishes she designed for little girls and boys. Take a look

Don't you love the fun, simplicity of these plates? I can't decide which is my favorite, but the colors and the stenciled design just make them so completely yummy in my book. My question is, what mom is actually going to buy her son or daughter fine porcelain dishes of their very own to eat off and beat up? Now, I'm not a mom, so I can't speak from experience, but I would imagine I could find a more creative use for these, or maybe just use them for special occasions, or inspiration. Practical or not, these Kate Spade plates are absolutely delish!

0 comments: